favorite this postTour Assistant for the Amazing Acro-cats (United States)hide this posting
compensation: Per show rate plus per diem and other pay as assisgned.
QR Code Link to This Post
Tour and Stage Assistant for the Amazing Acro-cats
Have you ever wanted to run away and join the circus...but for cats? The Amazing Acro-cats and Rock Cats Rescue are a group of rescued acrobatic house cats that not only provide an entertaining show, they educate animal lovers on the benefits of clicker training and adoption/rescue. The Acro-cats have been featured on National TV and media such as the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Must Love Cats on Animal Planet, Steve Harvey, in the New York Times, and the Onion. We have fostered and adopted out over 210 cats and kittens. We also provide animal actors and talent for TV,Film, and other productions. Our entertaining one hour long performance tours the nation 2/3 out of the year. We are looking for a hardworking individual who loves life on the road. You will be living on a tour bus with three other people, about 14 cats, a groundhog, some rats, and a chicken The ideal candidate is a motivated and committed animal lover (and people person) who finds value, fulfillment, and a future in our vision. If you want to be a part of a positive, fast growing company apply now. The Acro-cats are looking for a long-term committed team member, because this position offers guaranteed advancement for the right candidate. We offer competitive salary and a once-in-a-lifetime experience for this position.
• Prepare and distribute meals and medications for all animals
• Clean, sanitize, and stock all animal areas
• Bathing and grooming animals as needed
• Socializing new arrivals
• Providing enrichment and activities for all animals.
• Animal wrangler for production shoots with animal actors, as well as tv and radio appearances.
• Communicating between the office and the other departments of the organization/businesses such as tour manager.
• Loading in and loading out all necessary gear and tools for live performances
• Setting up the stage, box office, merchandise area, and dressing rooms/green rooms for cats
• Being on stage for the duration of the performance assisting with cats, props, and performing.
• Volunteer coordinator and facilitator
• Sellling merchandise before and after the show
• Daily cleaning and sanitization of all common areas of the tour bus, such as living room, kitchen.
• Daily Social media postings about the tour, the bus, and the cats.
• Helping to promote the show via handing out cards to people interested in the show and talking about the events in each city
Qualifications and skills:
• Valid drivers license
• 3 references (at least one personal and one professional, the third can be either)
• Animal care experience (1 year)
• Customer service experience (1 year)
• Clicker training experience (3 mos.)
• 18 years of age or older
• Pass a background check
• Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend, kneel, and reach above shoulders
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to travel year round and work holidays and weekends
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to grow and develop, be a part of a team/family structure.
• Being proactive with a strong work ethic
• Engagement with staff and animals alike
• Creating a safe, fun and clean environment
• Patience and affectionate with cats
• Following directions well
• Long-term commitment to Acro-cats
• Veterinary technician experience
• Social media experience or willingness to learn
• Theater/acting experience
* Please note that this is a very physical job. A candidate should be in good physical condition to perform these duties. The weather can vary from hot, cold, windy and rainy, and all duties are still required to be performed.
Salary and benefits:
Living accommodations: private sleeping area on 45 foot prevost tour bus. Tour bus includes a mini fridge, microwave. We stay in RV parks that usually provide a pool and/or hot tub and kitchen area.
**Please note position is available for a single individual, no couples will be considered for this position**
Salary: Per show wage plus per diem and tips. Additional pay contingent on additional duties assigned, such as load in, cat care, etc. Potential to make $40k or more a year.
• Hours for position require average 8-10 hours a day, sometimes more. In the event of a pending emergency, project, transportation of animals to veterinarian that may require assistance, employee will be asked to stay and help
• Employee will receive approximately one month off out of every three months, based on the tour schedule.
Our ideal candidate is flexible with a can-do attitude, follows directions, has experience working with companion animals and rescues, and is comfortable around a high-paced live performance setting. We emphasize a team environment for our staff. We are very involved in educating humans about the joys of responsible pet ownership, local rescues and trap-neuter-return organizations, and force-free positive reinforcement to train our animals. We hope you want to join us in these fun activities as we like to view them as an extension of our mission statement.
Position starts in March or sooner, depending on availability. Relocation compensation negotiable commensurate with experience. Please send resume, head shot, and references.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers