compensation: $15.00+ per hour - DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Come work for a team that is ready to help you grow your new career in Construction Materials Testing! If you enjoy working outside and collecting data that is key to the proper construction of a building or other structure, then continuing your career as an Engineering Technician may be the perfect fit for you!
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE! If you currently hold an active ACI Field Testing Technician Certification, you may be eligible to receive a sign-on bonus of up to $1,000.
This position exists for the purpose of providing testing observation on the assigned field project according to the applicable specification for independent testing laboratories. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, sample preparation, collection & testing, field observations, and documentation of construction activities on site pertaining to soil, concrete, grout, mortar and asphalt. The position requires the incumbent to clearly identify, verbally communicate, and document test results and activities.
Building & Earth offers a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, 401(k) with company match, Flexible Spending Account, and Group Short Term Disability and Life Insurance plans. Hourly pay rate starting at $15 per hour depending on experience.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time as needed. Reasonable temporary modifications for a period of time do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements. The position requires an incumbent to be trained to:
• Receive, understand and execute written and verbal directions
• Review specifications for civil and structural plans and identify sections applicable to the scope of work
• Perform tests, general construction inspections and observations according to project requirements with some supervision.
• Submit daily field reports to document testing, inspections and field observations
• Document and communicate non-conforming items to designated project supervision
• Clean, maintain and calibrate all assigned equipment according to applicable codes and standards
• Transport, operate and care for a nuclear density gauge as assigned, meeting all safety, care and maintenance guidelines as outlined in the Radiation Safety Program Policy.
• Understanding of Proctor Compaction Test and USCS Soil Classification.
• Trained & demonstrated competency in One-Point Proctor testing in the field. Must be validated.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies)
• Fundamental knowledge of sample preparation, collection & testing, field observations, and documentation of construction activities.
• Must pass relevant tests and/or achieve valid signatures.
• Ability to create and maintain accurate and confidential test records and to prepare easily understandable reports for documentation.
• Skilled in the use of computers and common software applications.
• Ability to learn company specific software and programs.
• Ability to drive a company vehicle and adhere to all company guidelines for operation and safety.
• Ability to be trained and to follow directions.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to dress, speak and act professionally & appropriately.
• Ability to deal with stressful situations, multiple priorities and hectic schedules calmly and courteously.
• Ability to work ethically, honestly and safely at all times.
• Ability to drive a company vehicle and adhere to all company guidelines for operation and safety
1. Must be able to move, lift or carry objects or materials up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
2. Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding
3. Ability to physically maneuver construction sites and excavations
4. Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communications in the English language, including the ability to communicate directly and over the telephone and be understood.
Minimum Education, Training, Certifications and/or Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 6 months Experience
• ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Level I Certification
• Portable Nuclear Gauge Safety Training Certification
• Understanding of Proctor Compaction Test and USCS Soil Classification
• Trained & demonstrated competency in One-Point Proctor testing in the field.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is generally full time, with a normal work schedule of 7AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday.
Hours will regularly be adjusted to meet construction schedules of clients and may include weekend rotations, night work, and early morning work.
Daily travel to and from construction work sites, generally within 100 miles from the home office, is expected. Short term, out-of-town work, generally lasting less than 2 weeks, is probable. Long term, outof-town assignments may be required occasionally with advance notice of planned dates.
1. Possession of a valid state of residence driver’s license.
2. Ability to be insured under all applicable Corporation insurance policies and requirements.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all reasonable activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers