A GJCC Planet Kid Counselor facilitates and implements educational and recreational programming for children. The focus of this position is to ensure that children have a safe, fun, and nurturing environment while under supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact, supervise and engage with the children at all times
- Provide a supportive and respectful environment
- Understand each child's social, physical and emotional status under care.
- Communicate daily with parents and guardians, informing them of their child's day.
- Model mission and vision of GJCC through programming, and follow all Youth and Recreation Department policies and procedures.
- Work as a team with your co-counselors and supervisor, sharing responsibilities and authority.
- Share in proper maintenance/cleanliness of programming space
- Model positive, professional and appropriate behavior at all times.
Qualifications: High School Graduate. At least one year experience working with children.
Hours: Monday-Friday 2:30-6, various times available.
We aim to provide a working environment that fosters professional growth and positive relationships. We believe that good work deserves to be recognized and rewarded and we hope to find candidates are that are looking to grow in the world of childcare and education.
Job Type: Part-time
working with kids: 2 years
High school or equivalent
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers