- Use the dedicated reply link for your email program or service, or
- Manually copy and paste the reply-to address into the email program you normally use.
Q: How do craigslist relay addresses (similar to firstname.lastname@example.org) work?
A: Vaid replies to live posts are relayed to poster's email address. Learn more about CL 2-way email relay.
Q: I'm getting "message undeliverable" errors. What should I do?
A: If your reply comes back to you with an "undeliverable" error message, please check the following:
- Is the posting is still live? New replies are only transmitted while the posting remains active.
- Make sure the address is correct. Copying and pasting email addresses helps prevent typos.
- Check for large files or images in your reply. Large attachments may be rejected.
1. Click "Reply."
2. A window with response options will appear.
- To use your default mail program, click the blue response link at the top.
- If you use one of the listed webmail services, click the corresponding icon.
To use an alternate email program you will need to copy and paste the reply-to address.
3. Make sure the response address is highlighted and copy it to your clipboard.
- On a PC: right-click on the email address and then select "copy" or "copy email address."
- On a Mac: hold down the Control key and then click on the email address. When a menu pops up, select "copy" or "copy email address."
4. Now open your email program and start a new message.
5. Paste the response address into the "To" field.
- On a PC: right-click on the to box and then select "paste."
- On a Mac: hold down the Control key and then click inside the to box. When a menu pops up, select "paste."
If you successfully pasted the address, it will appear in the "To" field.
6. Now compose your response and send it as you would any other email.